Monday, November 7, 2011

New Scar

Hi nerds,
So at this random Zoo party I was at the other night, people were making jokes about the way I say S'mores. I know the delicious treat is a contraction of the words some and more, but i like to add an H in there to pronounce it Shmores. Well, because of this relentless personal attack, we decided the only logical thing to do was to buy the things we needed for S'mores and make some. We started a little fire in the back yard. Turns out, if you are the only sober one at a party, that automatically means you are in charge of making the fire. Probably not a bad idea, but I would have rather played with the taranchula more, but in the interest of safety I got to work on the fire. There wasn't any firewood, so we used the next best thing, a chunk of fence that had fallen down in their backyard. I broke the fence up into little manageable pieces and stated the fire. I then got to work on making myself a S'more. While I was toasting my delicious treat, one of the other people around the fire decided to be a freaking genius and tossed a piece of wood into the fire. That shot embers up into the air and one hit me right in the side of the face. It hurt, but not really bad. Just enough to make me furious but not angry enough to punch a grad student in the face. I went to the bathroom and saw a little mark on my face. I don't think it will scar, cuz it is pretty small and didn't burn anything past the very top layer of my skin. It is scabbing over, but I think that's a good sign. I find if funny in a weird sort of way that of all the dumb people being dumb around a fire, the one who was being the most careful was the one injured. O well. Worse things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment